A long term employee of the InterPublic Group (IPG) has filed a racial discrimination suit accusing the firm of denying her promotion because she is Black and a visible minority. Joy C. Noel filed a $50 Million dollar lawsuit alledging discrimition in promotion and then subsequent retailation which is illegal under NY State law. The legal paperwrok was filed on her behalf by the plantiff by Eric Sanders of the Sanders Firm, PC.
You can read the full petition here. And here.
When you read the details in the position, you get a real feel for the day to day stress the plaintiff was under. Really very sad.
Advertising Age (Ad Age) also has an article on the topic. Here.
And finally, according to Ad Age, John Liu, has asked the four top companies to disclose personnel information by race, gender and position. The companies are IPG, Omnicom, Publicis and WPP. The advertising industry has long had a reputation for discriminating against Blacks and Hispanics.
Three reporters: Alexandra Bruell, Kunar Patel and Rupal Parekh at Advertising Age plus the editorial staff, have done a great job convering the topic. Here is one more story. Here.
- ► 2013 (69)
- Long time InterPublic Group staffer files discrimi...
- Video on British Columbia, Canada health system
- Pentagon says cut US military budget
- "The Meritocracy Myth," and interview with Lani Gu...
- Bill Moyer's Interviews Angela Glover Blackwell
- Time Magazine: Effective Corporate Tax Rate.
- NSA is building a 2 Billion dollar data center in ...
- ▼ April (7)
- ► 2011 (99)