Thursday, December 26, 2013
Bloomberg: Fraternity Affirmative Action or Meritocracy Not
Fraternity members have their own secret affarmative action program. Bloomberg has the details in a piece called "Secret Handshakes Greet Frat Brothers on Wall Street". The new film "Wolf of Wall Street" publicizes the male dominated culture of the financial industry.
We have long known networks constitute a form of affirmative action for the powerful and their off spring.
What is most disappointing is how privilage networks are described as meritoracies when so many are excluded.
- Washington Post: 1.3 millon will lose Unemployment...
- Washington Post And Seattle Times: Airport workers...
- NY Amsterdam News: Wage theft employees get their ...
- New York Times: Work Makes you Happy
- Bloomberg: Fraternity Affirmative Action or Merito...
- Chicago Tribune: PR Executive for IAC(BlackPeopleM...
- Bill Moyers: US has 25 percent of world's prisione...
- Salon: US becoming low wage country
- Daily Mail (UK). Study reveals on-line racism
- New York Times Again: Best article this year on un...
- ▼ December (10)
- ► 2012 (109)
- ► 2011 (99)