New York City council held a second hearing on a "living" wage bill. The bill requires developers who receive government subsidies to pay $10 dollars per hour with benefit or $11.50 without benefits to employees.
Mayor Bloomberg opposes the bill. San Francisco and Santa Fe, NM are the largest US city's with living wage laws.
NY Times piece
The good, old Daily News is here.
- ► 2013 (69)
- ► 2012 (109)
- Super wealthy pay no taxes: NYT example of Ronald ...
- UK to discuss racism in bank loans
- Walmart has pre-paid debit cards
- Union work force training programs in Philadelphia...
- Living wage bill hearing in New York City
- Update on the NYC Black firefighters suit
- Over paid firefighters compensation tactics
- Lobby firm's offer to conduct anti-Occupy Wall Str...
- Bar rescue on Spike TV
- Inside Job: The story of the Wall Street Financial...
- On The Issues
- One of the best summaries of Wall Street Financial...
- Intrade prediction market
- Newsweek ranks the most environmentally friendly c...
- CBO on US income inequality
- Bounce TV
- ▼ November (16)