I have said before that fire-fighter have one of the best jobs in the world. They also have some of the best pay relative to actual work-effort. Here is another story from the oft-conservative site, Library of Economics and Liberty, regarding tactics fire-fighters use to increase compensation (pay, benefits, retirement, shorter hours or schedule flexibility or reduce total years of service). Here.
I just wish there were more Black and Hispanic fire-fighters. Share the wealth.
- ► 2013 (69)
- ► 2012 (109)
- Super wealthy pay no taxes: NYT example of Ronald ...
- UK to discuss racism in bank loans
- Walmart has pre-paid debit cards
- Union work force training programs in Philadelphia...
- Living wage bill hearing in New York City
- Update on the NYC Black firefighters suit
- Over paid firefighters compensation tactics
- Lobby firm's offer to conduct anti-Occupy Wall Str...
- Bar rescue on Spike TV
- Inside Job: The story of the Wall Street Financial...
- On The Issues
- One of the best summaries of Wall Street Financial...
- Intrade prediction market
- Newsweek ranks the most environmentally friendly c...
- CBO on US income inequality
- Bounce TV
- ▼ November (16)