Here is a nice piece of reporting by MSNBC.
Thanks to Occupy Wall Street and other columnists and the movie "inside job", the public is starting to understand who is responsible for the Wall Street Financial Crisis: Banks, Lobbyists and Politicians who acted in their own self interest not the public's.
However, we don't often see the sausage being made. Now someone has leaked an offer from a well connected republican lobby firm, Clark, Lytle, Geduldig and Cranford, that offers to do opposition research on the Occupy Wall Street movement. The letter asks for $850,000 from the American Banks Association for "opposition" research.
Here is the memo.
Here is the MSNBC article that broke the story.
Here is website for Clark, Lytle, Geduldig and Cranford.
When you read the memo, there are lot's some of the activities are a little creepy ("ethically suspect"). The activities include "social media monitoring, opposition reseach and message testing".
- ► 2013 (69)
- ► 2012 (109)
- Super wealthy pay no taxes: NYT example of Ronald ...
- UK to discuss racism in bank loans
- Walmart has pre-paid debit cards
- Union work force training programs in Philadelphia...
- Living wage bill hearing in New York City
- Update on the NYC Black firefighters suit
- Over paid firefighters compensation tactics
- Lobby firm's offer to conduct anti-Occupy Wall Str...
- Bar rescue on Spike TV
- Inside Job: The story of the Wall Street Financial...
- On The Issues
- One of the best summaries of Wall Street Financial...
- Intrade prediction market
- Newsweek ranks the most environmentally friendly c...
- CBO on US income inequality
- Bounce TV
- ▼ November (16)