Saturday, December 1, 2012
GOP on reducing poverty
Here are some Republican ideas on reducing poverty at the Republican Study Committee web-site. The web site is here.
The discussion covers two very minor programs: one program is the social work of a ministry in Richmond VA and the second is in Washington DC that helps children walk safely to school in bad neighborhoods.
That is it. That's all. Pretty laughable. They are just completely, intellectually absent from the problems of poverty in the US. It is just incredible.
The lack of any substantial proposal implies that their are no acceptable Republican answers. If there was private market based solution they would be all over it. So, let's play devils advocate. Let's assume they have good research people and are genuinely interested in helping poor people, then should have produced some ideas or policies. Their complete lack of ideas supports the idea that solutions to poverty must come from the government. Poverty cannot be fixed though market mechanisms, it must be handled by government using public funds from taxes.
Since the national Republicans don't have a solution, they ignore the problem.Where is Jack Kemp when you need him ?.
- ► 2013 (69)
- BusinessWeek: Housing policies of the rich have co...
- Dr. Dre shelters income in Ireland
- Brown University Economic Impact Statement
- Don't try do this at home kids: UK Austerity Updat...
- UK Guardian: Starbucks, Google and Amazon in the p...
- Which tax havens do the top 100 US companies use
- NY Times: Poverty in Japan
- Is their a "Real" Skills Gap in Manufacturing ?
- 37% do not collect unemployment benefits
- Fix the Debt: Simpson - Bowles Plan
- NY Times: Corporate Subsidies
- Starbucks paid no taxes in the UK last year
- Senate Bill S. 1346 - Stop Tax Have Abuse Act
- Federal government program for low-income poeple
- GOP on reducing poverty
- ▼ December (15)
- ► 2011 (99)