Every wonder which countries the Fortune 100 use for the tax shelters ? Well the government already knows. Here is a report from the GAO that lists which countries helped the Fortune 100 avoid taxes. It also lists the countries used by the top 100 government contractors.
The report from the GAO in 2009 is here. GOA Tax Shelter Report. It list which countries are used by which companies to avoid paying US taxes.
The financial industry was the leader in the number of tax shelter companies followed by the pharmaceutical and high-tech industries. Both industries transfer their patents or other assets to low tax jurisdictions and then collect royalties. They also earn profits outside the US and then use the money for overseas investments.
- ► 2013 (69)
- BusinessWeek: Housing policies of the rich have co...
- Dr. Dre shelters income in Ireland
- Brown University Economic Impact Statement
- Don't try do this at home kids: UK Austerity Updat...
- UK Guardian: Starbucks, Google and Amazon in the p...
- Which tax havens do the top 100 US companies use
- NY Times: Poverty in Japan
- Is their a "Real" Skills Gap in Manufacturing ?
- 37% do not collect unemployment benefits
- Fix the Debt: Simpson - Bowles Plan
- NY Times: Corporate Subsidies
- Starbucks paid no taxes in the UK last year
- Senate Bill S. 1346 - Stop Tax Have Abuse Act
- Federal government program for low-income poeple
- GOP on reducing poverty
- ▼ December (15)
- ► 2011 (99)