This story really captures it all. You just cannot ignore it. Everyone has an opinion or slant on the story. GE files a 24,000 page tax return and their tax department employs 975 people. Corporate tax revenue has fallen from 30% of federal tax revenue to 6% of tax revenue in 2009.
The NY times reported that General Electric (GE) paid no taxes for the last four years. You can read the story here.
and Working Asset the website is here.
- ► 2013 (69)
- ► 2012 (109)
- "The new Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the age o...
- Corporate Consolidation is killing jobs in the US
- WSJ Blog: Multi-National overseas hiring
- WSJ: $1.2 Trillion spent on stuff they don't need....
- British Experiment in deficit reduction
- Wachovia admits laundering mexican drug money
- Respect the Black Consumer Dollar
- "Fire the rich", income inequality, and class diff...
- National Urban League State of Black America and 1...
- The Big Story: GE paid NO taxes for the last four ...
- Manning Marable Dies
- ▼ April (11)