Just another story of corporate greed and lack of ethics. Wachovia did not scrutinize $378 Billion dollars for money laundering activity. In addition, during the financial crisis in 2008, a UN official said, "Drug money was the only liquid capital available. There were signs some banks were rescued that way." The article also reports that Wachovia had 6000 or 7000 subpoenas related to possible money laundering transactions.
You can read the full story here that was ignored by the US Media.
- ► 2013 (69)
- ► 2012 (109)
- "The new Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the age o...
- Corporate Consolidation is killing jobs in the US
- WSJ Blog: Multi-National overseas hiring
- WSJ: $1.2 Trillion spent on stuff they don't need....
- British Experiment in deficit reduction
- Wachovia admits laundering mexican drug money
- Respect the Black Consumer Dollar
- "Fire the rich", income inequality, and class diff...
- National Urban League State of Black America and 1...
- The Big Story: GE paid NO taxes for the last four ...
- Manning Marable Dies
- ▼ April (11)