In healthcare, Market mechanisms work very, very poorly. Most of us have only a rough idea what our healthcare costs. We have no idea if a price is a reasonable price. We cannot objectively evaluate the quality of the care we are receiving. There is no "consumer reports" of healthcare.
Dr. Leslie Ramirez is trying to fill the information gaps with a medical procedure price list called Leslie's List. Leslie's list is price list of many common procedure, tests, and drug prices. Her goal is to help people find more affordable healthcare.
A rival site is Healthcare Blue Book.
Here idea is so simple, I cannot understand why it has not been done before. The financial side of the healthcare industry must has some incredibly powerful incentives.
- ► 2013 (69)
- ► 2012 (109)
- DOJ settles discrimination suit with Countrywide F...
- National Center on Family Homelessness
- Low Black-on-Black Spending in Philly.
- Nielsen Media Reseach: State of the Black Consumer...
- Forbes: If I were a poor black kid
- Forbes: If I were a poor Black kid
- Support for inheritance taxes
- Past happiness and moving to Flourishing
- We need more tax collectors in the UK.
- Hyatt threatening to cut of workers healthcare
- How much does that Medical Procedure cost ?
- Healthcare price list
- Newt Gingrich says "Poor people need jobs"
- ▼ December (13)