Nielsen Media Research, which is best known for TV rating, has released a reseach report on the Black Consumers. You can get a copy here or read the on-line edition here.
A lot of the information comes from the census. Here are some highlights. While we are projected to spend more than a billion dollars by the year 2015, we remain relatively poor. The majority of us earn less than $50,000 as detailed in the income section, P.6. We are heavy smartphone users. (p.12). What Blacks buy is interesting on page 18. And the complete lack of influence of men on the spending process(p.18). And, we are above average consumers of charcoal.
- ► 2013 (69)
- ► 2012 (109)
- DOJ settles discrimination suit with Countrywide F...
- National Center on Family Homelessness
- Low Black-on-Black Spending in Philly.
- Nielsen Media Reseach: State of the Black Consumer...
- Forbes: If I were a poor black kid
- Forbes: If I were a poor Black kid
- Support for inheritance taxes
- Past happiness and moving to Flourishing
- We need more tax collectors in the UK.
- Hyatt threatening to cut of workers healthcare
- How much does that Medical Procedure cost ?
- Healthcare price list
- Newt Gingrich says "Poor people need jobs"
- ▼ December (13)