No, Newt Gingrich did not say something that smart. What he really said was something much more stupid, racist and degrading, but judge for yourself.
The story is here. Here.
Newt really said the wrong thing. He repeated the same old garbage about poor people not wanting to work. It just reinforces the same old sterotype that his audience loves. What his audience really hears hears: "Those people are lazy and don't WANT to work so I have no responsibility to help them. There plight is 100% their own fault, not mine, so don't use any of MY taxes to help them."
Hidden in all of this is a very good point about human development in the 21st century. In today's society, a job is an important experience required for full human development. Work is part of raising a fully developed child. The experience is need to develop happy, productive citizens.
- ► 2013 (69)
- ► 2012 (109)
- DOJ settles discrimination suit with Countrywide F...
- National Center on Family Homelessness
- Low Black-on-Black Spending in Philly.
- Nielsen Media Reseach: State of the Black Consumer...
- Forbes: If I were a poor black kid
- Forbes: If I were a poor Black kid
- Support for inheritance taxes
- Past happiness and moving to Flourishing
- We need more tax collectors in the UK.
- Hyatt threatening to cut of workers healthcare
- How much does that Medical Procedure cost ?
- Healthcare price list
- Newt Gingrich says "Poor people need jobs"
- ▼ December (13)