Sarah Rusche has done a nice study of discrimination by wait staff in North Carolina. There are lots of links.
Here is the original PR. Here.
She surveyed 200 servers at 18 chain type restaurants. Eighty six percent were white. Nearly 40% admitted to letting race affect their level of customer service part of the time.
Here is a link to the article. Here.
A nice little piece of good old basic research (footwork). You just gotta call people on their racism.
- ► 2013 (69)
- Is inequality good for us - BBC
- Predator Nation by Charles Furguson
- US Banking Crisis Movies
- Senate proposes food stamp cuts
- NYT: NYC Black feel the brunt of unemployment
- Alice Walker in Foreign Policy Magazine
- Another great piece on the real unemployment situa...
- Federal Government will require electronic benefit...
- "The private sector is doing fine." said the presi...
- D-Mars Marketing and Communications in Houston, TX...
- Discrimination by Restaurant Servers. Real Researc...
- Black Meetings and Tourism Magazine
- Affirmative Action for Veterans
- Global War on Terror costs $8.1 Billion
- US gives Israel is $3.1 Billion; Threatens Egypt a...
- Congressional Budget Office Budget Outlook
- FDNY Discrimination and Police Actions increase ci...
- ▼ June (17)
- ► 2011 (99)