Monday, October 29, 2012
AP Poll: Majority of Americans have negative view of Blacks
Here is a very important piece on a public opinion poll conducted for the Associated Press. The survey asked about Americans attitudes toward American Blacks. Here are the results from the Associated Press as featured in the Washington Post . The piece is notable for several reasons.
1) It is rare to see an article detailing peoples attitudes toward a racial group.
2) The story provoked a huge, honest, and unfiltered discussion as detailed in the comments. There were over 5000 comments.
3) The anonymity of the internet lets people express their true feelings; including their honest, racist views.
You also have to read the comments to get a full and board idea of peoples individual attitudes.
- ► 2013 (69)
- The Stranger: Legalizing Pot will reduce the Black...
- NY Times: Part-time work
- Madem Noire: Joseph Stiglitz says the "The America...
- Mother Jones: Urban farms reduce crime
- Emmanuel Saez paper on Income Inequality
- Legatum Prosperity Index
- Foreign Policy: US prosperity slipping
- AP Poll: Majority of Americans have negative view ...
- Guardian UK: UK corporate tax bills close to zero
- Three people got fired at my job yesterday
- Global Top Income Database
- Mother Jones: Warehouse work
- French Entrepreneurs protest new taxes
- GrameenPhone: Example of unselfish capitalism
- US Energy Information Center
- Militarized police offer peacekeeping answser
- Bias in NYC specialized high school admission proc...
- Translation Advertising: Vertical Integration
- South African Unemployment Rate: 24.9%
- Two high level fashion media appointments
- Wal-Mart workers strike in California
- Macy's to hire 80,000 temps during holidays
- ▼ October (22)
- ► 2011 (99)