Saturday, October 13, 2012
Militarized police offer peacekeeping answser
Italy is one of the few countries to a large and active national police force as part of it military strucutre. The Carabinieri have police power jurisdiction over the military and civil matters both inside Italy and externally. Basically they are the military police for the whole nation. They are trained to military standards yet also enforce civil law.
There are many slights to the Carabineri but the police model is sound.
Many people have recoginzed this type of training is essential for peace keeping operations.
Here is the link to the Center for Excellence for Stability Police Units.
- ► 2013 (69)
- The Stranger: Legalizing Pot will reduce the Black...
- NY Times: Part-time work
- Madem Noire: Joseph Stiglitz says the "The America...
- Mother Jones: Urban farms reduce crime
- Emmanuel Saez paper on Income Inequality
- Legatum Prosperity Index
- Foreign Policy: US prosperity slipping
- AP Poll: Majority of Americans have negative view ...
- Guardian UK: UK corporate tax bills close to zero
- Three people got fired at my job yesterday
- Global Top Income Database
- Mother Jones: Warehouse work
- French Entrepreneurs protest new taxes
- GrameenPhone: Example of unselfish capitalism
- US Energy Information Center
- Militarized police offer peacekeeping answser
- Bias in NYC specialized high school admission proc...
- Translation Advertising: Vertical Integration
- South African Unemployment Rate: 24.9%
- Two high level fashion media appointments
- Wal-Mart workers strike in California
- Macy's to hire 80,000 temps during holidays
- ▼ October (22)
- ► 2011 (99)