Monday, January 14, 2013
Economist: Kibera (Kenya) slum is economic hotspot
The economist has a nice and positive story about economic activities in the Kibera slum in Nirobi, Kenya. The story called "Boomtown Slum" is here. The story details much of the daily life and economic activities in Kibera. Is skips over the ethnic clash, gangs, and missing government services.
- CCAP: 48% of workers over-educated for their jobs
- ILO: Global Unemployment is Rising
- BBC: Grace Amey-Obeng's beauty company in Ghana
- JEEP (Jamaica Emergency Employment Program
- Cuddly or Cut-Thoroat Capitalism
- Economist: Kibera (Kenya) slum is economic hotspot...
- Improving US manufacturing: Jan 2013
- Obscure Reference of the Day: PENBOTEC 400 -- Frui...
- Government Job Creations Works but is Difficult
- US Prison Statistics for 2011. 1% decrease.
- NELP: Mid-wage jobs have yet to recover
- Ten States Increased their Minimum Wage on January...
- Anti-Lobbying Site: American Anti-Corruption Act
- Everett and Jones Barbecue Restaurant in Oakland, ...
- Cleveland Fed: College pays only a little more tha...
- Cleveland Fed: Labor's Declining Share of National...
- ▼ January (17)
- ► 2012 (109)
- ► 2011 (99)