Sunday, January 6, 2013
NELP: Mid-wage jobs have yet to recover
The National Employment Law Project confirms so sad news we have all suspected. Most of the jobs created since the recession have been low-wage jobs. About 60% of the jobs eliminated were mid-wage jobs yet only 22% of the new jobs were mid-wage. NELP report is here.
- CCAP: 48% of workers over-educated for their jobs
- ILO: Global Unemployment is Rising
- BBC: Grace Amey-Obeng's beauty company in Ghana
- JEEP (Jamaica Emergency Employment Program
- Cuddly or Cut-Thoroat Capitalism
- Economist: Kibera (Kenya) slum is economic hotspot...
- Improving US manufacturing: Jan 2013
- Obscure Reference of the Day: PENBOTEC 400 -- Frui...
- Government Job Creations Works but is Difficult
- US Prison Statistics for 2011. 1% decrease.
- NELP: Mid-wage jobs have yet to recover
- Ten States Increased their Minimum Wage on January...
- Anti-Lobbying Site: American Anti-Corruption Act
- Everett and Jones Barbecue Restaurant in Oakland, ...
- Cleveland Fed: College pays only a little more tha...
- Cleveland Fed: Labor's Declining Share of National...
- ▼ January (17)
- ► 2012 (109)
- ► 2011 (99)