Monday, January 14, 2013
Improving US manufacturing: Jan 2013
The Joint Economic Committee of the US Congress released a report on US Manufacutring Policy. The report lists some non-controversial ways the government can support manufacturing in the US. The report: Manufacturing in America was released in January 2013. The proposal are: 1) Improve education and training in Science, Technology and Math 2) Expand transportation infrastructure 3) Provide tax incentives such as r&D tax credit or acceralted depreciation. It also mention a credit for US based manufacturing. 4) Enforce intellectual property rights 5) Encourage China to stop undervaluing it's currency
- CCAP: 48% of workers over-educated for their jobs
- ILO: Global Unemployment is Rising
- BBC: Grace Amey-Obeng's beauty company in Ghana
- JEEP (Jamaica Emergency Employment Program
- Cuddly or Cut-Thoroat Capitalism
- Economist: Kibera (Kenya) slum is economic hotspot...
- Improving US manufacturing: Jan 2013
- Obscure Reference of the Day: PENBOTEC 400 -- Frui...
- Government Job Creations Works but is Difficult
- US Prison Statistics for 2011. 1% decrease.
- NELP: Mid-wage jobs have yet to recover
- Ten States Increased their Minimum Wage on January...
- Anti-Lobbying Site: American Anti-Corruption Act
- Everett and Jones Barbecue Restaurant in Oakland, ...
- Cleveland Fed: College pays only a little more tha...
- Cleveland Fed: Labor's Declining Share of National...
- ▼ January (17)
- ► 2012 (109)
- ► 2011 (99)